Saturday, December 1, 2007

I had a lovely day Saturday. After I was released from the Guantanamo sleep study center, I went home and slept for three hours. I was drunk as a lord on sleeping pills still. Then I went to the flea market to do some grocery shopping. I got some zucchini to do veggie beef-a-roni with zucchini, and some of the most beautiful green beans I have ever seen in December. Also bought some lovely avocados, and came home to make a California Club:

California Club Sandwich

Two or three pieces good whole wheat bread

Tomato

Lettuce

American Cheese

Sliced avocado

French's fried onions (like for green bean casserole)

Mayo

You can use one piece of bread in the middle, like in a real club, which makes the sandwich much more stable; but this makes the sandwich too big to fit in my mouth, so I usually leave it out. The crunchy onions take the place of the bacon, and with the creaminess of the avocado, this is really exquisite, if somewhat messy.

***

After eating lunch, I snapped beans while I drooled over Simon Pegg (the cutest, most adorable man EVER) since "Shaun of the Dead" was on TV. Then I put my beans on and messed around online for a while. I called Billy, and headed over there for dinner. We were supposed to meet Justin and Graham again, but they called to say they would join us later for the auction. We had dinner at "Compadres", a new Mexican place near my house. The food was really lovely, and the waiter we had was even more beautiful. We were all in love. Sigh.

After that we met the boys and went to the auction. Miss Kat, Dana, and Helen were there, and it was good to see them. I got another present off my gift list, and enjoyed myself to the bargain.

THEN we went back to Russ and Billy's for a game night. It was 3am before I got home, and I was WHOOPED; and had to be up the next morning for the Jockey Lot at 9am.

No comments: